Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
CONTRACT & VARIATION
- 1.1 Completion of the Booking Form shall constitute a binding contract (“the booking”) between the person named on the Booking Form (“the Organiser”) and Teamworks Karting Limited (“Teamworks”) subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
- 1.2 No variation of these terms and conditions shall be binding on Teamworks unless in writing and signed by a Director of Teamworks. No relaxation or indulgence which Teamworks may from time to time extend to the Organiser shall in any way prejudice or act as a waiver of Teamworks’ rights hereunder.
- 2.1 All bookings must be accompanied by a deposit of 50% of the total race fees, catering and other fees payable (including VAT).
- 2.2 Where a “provisional” booking is made, the booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of the signed Booking Form and deposit.
- 2.3 Any deposit received is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- 2.4 All bookings must be paid in full 30 days prior to the event. Where full payment is not received 30 days prior to the event Teamworks reserves the right to cancel the booking. Any deposit paid will be non-refundable.
- 2.5 The Organiser is liable for the full race fees for the use of the circuit for number of drivers booked, even if fewer drivers attend.
- 2.6 Where a cheque is returned unpaid, bank charges of £19+VAT and administration charges of £12+VAT will be levied.
- 2.7 Interest will be charged on overdue amounts in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- 3.1 If the booking is cancelled by the Organiser less than 30 days prior to the event, the full race fees are payable.
- 3.2 Race fees will not be refunded to any driver because that driver fails to attend or is withdrawn from the racing for any reason.
- 4.1 Drivers must not consume alcohol for at least 12 hours before the event.
- 4.2 Drivers must wear shoes that cover their toes.
- 4.3 The Circuit’s management reserve the right to refuse admission and/or to bar drivers from the track for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion. Any person considered by the Circuit’s management to be
- under the influence of alcohol or medication will not be allowed to race.
HEIGHT & AGE LIMITS
- 5.1 All drivers, including any children, must be over 150cm tall (5’) to race at Birmingham, over 140cm tall (4’8”) to race at Letchworth, Peterborough or Reading, or over 135cm tall (4’6”) to race at Coventry or Halesowen. If you are unsure about any driver’s suitability due to weight or height please contact Teamworks Karting for clarification in good time before the event.
- 5.2 Drivers must be at least 16 years old except for “Arrive & Drive” and events specified as Children’s events where the age limit is 8 years. Adults and children are not permitted on track at the same time unless they are family members.
- 6.1 Teamworks is pleased to assist in arranging transport for events. Though we do our best to coordinate accurate pick-up times with the driver, Teamworks cannot accept responsibility for delays in arrival time due to circumstances beyond our control.
LATE ARRIVALS & NO SHOWS
- 7.1 Bookings and tickets are transferable at the discretion of the Circuit but non-refundable. Tickets cannot be refunded, re-booked or re-used for drivers who fail to attend or who arrive late.
- 7.2 For insurance reasons, drivers arriving after the safety briefing has commenced are not allowed to race and will not receive any refund.
- 7.3 Where drivers arrive later than their scheduled start time, the Circuit’s management may in their sole discretion allow the event to be shorted to make up the time lost.
- 7.4 Where an exclusive event is delayed due to late arrivals, the Circuit’s management may on request of the Organiser delay the safety briefing. In such case, the event will be shortened to make up for the time lost.
FORCE MAJEURE AND LIMITATION
- 8.1 Where the Circuit’s management fail to accept the booking for whatever reason (including but not limited to the Circuit taking another booking before this Booking Form and/or deposit are received), no contract shall be formed and Teamworks shall refund any deposit paid.
- 8.2 Where the event is prevented, frustrated or delayed due to force majeure (including but not limited to riot, strikes, natural catastrophe, adverse weather, power failure, fire or breakdown of plant or machinery) or any other cause beyond its control, Teamworks’ liability shall be limited to refunding or (at Teamworks’ option) re-scheduling the event at a future date convenient to all parties. Delays caused by accidents or poor driving on track will not be refunded or re-scheduled.
- 8.3 Teamworks shall not be under any liability whatsoever for direct losses, loss of profits, indirect losses or consequential losses of any type caused directly or indirectly by Teamworks, its sub-contractors, servants, agents or employees (other than liability by Statute that cannot be avoided) and its maximum liability shall in all cases be limited to the total amount paid for the event. Notwithstanding the generality of the above, please note that all karting events are live events and may start late or overrun due to unforeseen delays. Any quoted “Start Time” or “End Time” is a pre-event estimate, for guidance only.
Teamworks Karting does not share your details or pass them to any third parties.
In order to process telephone or walk-in bookings, we require your name, billing address, phone number, email address and credit card information. We use this information to process your booking and, if any questions should arise, to contact you about your booking.
By agreeing to our Terms and & Conditions you agree to receive order confirmation, dispatch notifications and discount/voucher offers via post, email or text message. You may however unsubscribe at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our address for correspondence is: Teamworks Karting Limited, 202 Fazeley Street, Birmingham B5 5SE
Registered Office Details
Teamworks Karting Ltd is registered as a UK company, number 3822178. Our registered office address is: Teamworks Karting Ltd, 202 Fazeley Street, Birmingham B5 5SE. Teamworks Karting Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Teamworks Karting Group plc.
Telephone & Fax
Tel: 0845 180 3020 (from outside the UK dial +44 84 51 80 30 20)
Fax: 0845 180 3021 (from outside the UK dial +44 84 51 80 30 21)
MOTORSPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
All motorsport can be dangerous. Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these you are present at your own risk. All drivers are required to sign an indemnity as a condition of racing.